Cracking noise

My doorbell started to make a loud crackling sound when motion detected. It is hard to hear what the person is saying.

crackling noise…my bad

Hey @bperk49! There should definitely not be any crackling noise in your two way audio. Audio disturbances are often related to connection or signal strength, whether wifi related or mobile device related. Check out our Community post about RSSI to ensure your wifi signal strength is sufficient for optimal streaming.

A great way to test mobile phone connection is to try a live stream with audio on wifi only, and then again on data only. Of course, you may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device to see if that improves the audio. Let me know if this works! :slight_smile:

has anybody figured this out? I have ring pro, ring floodlight and ring alarm. Whenever I live view either doorbell or floodlight, I get heavy static on whichever device. Doesn’t matter of audio is muted or not. Tried wifi and data no difference. It used to work fine and all of the sudden both started doing it about a month or two ago. Someone please help as this is a very expensive setup and i just want to throw it away as it is almost useless now.

I am having the same problem. It started a couple of months ago as well. The RSSI number is great. The signal is great. The device health reports are good. What’s up?

1 Like

I have the same problem after heavy rain has anyone resolved this cracking problem

Hey neighbors! If the previous suggestions that Marley made were not helpful in resolving any static or crackling noise you’re experiencing on your Ring, it may be best to reach out to our support team directly so they can work with you individually to find a solution. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what solution our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile:

I started having the same issue. When I open the App on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone and select “Tap to go Live” it starts the crackling noise. I changed the unit twice and tried using data on my phone as a hot spot but the noise still come up. I tried another android phone and it is the same. I am going to try installing the app on an iphone and see if it is related to the way the phone sends sound to the unit. Help if you figured this out.

Interested in hearing if anyone has had any luck with the crackling noise in recorded ring audio. This issue recently began for my Ring Pro. I have had my doorbell installed since March with no issues until recently. It’s not a showstopper. It’s just an annoying static/crackling sound in the audio.

I just installed my unit and the same cracking noiseon the camera. Only happens when someone is trying speak thru device. I can hear the cracking noise on my phone with speaker on and not talking but dont hear it on the camera. No other issues reacts quickly, camera quality good, turn the light and siren with no issues. Need to what to check next.