cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked glass

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Cracked glass

My ring doorbell cover has a lot of cracks that have developed on the glass. While it appears to current not hamper the view I believe that it may eventually affect the performance and or break the camera due to moisture. Can I get a replacement glass? I have the extra covers but they don’t have the glass. The photos attached were taken a couple of weeks ago there are more cracks now. Thank you
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Cracked glass

Hey @RRSawh. Thank you for showing us pictures of what they looks like! If you could, please give our support team a call to ensure you are still within warranty, as the device itself will need to be replaced in this situation. 

For that support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this call goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi @Chelsea_Ring and @RRSawh this is brilliant as my Pro Doorbell has done the same and I thought I had left a plastic cover on!
Mine is around a year old.
I will call the support line to discuss.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have same problem. My retailer is sending me a replacement unit so I have two questions.

Will I have any problem taking off the old doorbell and replacing with the new one if i am leaving all other components in place?

Secondly. Can i put a cover or a case over the glass to Protect this from happening again? I have a south facing door and it’s in direct sunlight all afternoon.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @MMart72, glad we could help! Hope the call with our support team went well. 

Hey @Lain_coubert, happy to help answer your questions! You should be able to completely take off the Doorbell you currently have installed (after taking out the security screws and following the proper set up). Once installed, I recommend seeing if you could bring a cover or case to go over the glass to help protect it! You can even purchase a glass protector for a phone (just an idea) and see if you can cut it to the size needed for the Doorbell. Once done, install it and if you do something DIY, please share it here! Sharing your example can help other neighbors that may run into this, and want to have a preventative measure for future. Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

The phone glass is a mm idea I could try. But better still is a purpose built case, does ring offer these?

Yeah the physical installation will be easy, I’m just wondering how easy the new doorbell will connect to my chime and app or if the set up process needs to start from scratch.

Cheers
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Lain_coubert  Ring does not offer these, but it's a great idea! I will make sure to pass on this feedback to the appropriate teams so we can look into having this for the future for our devices. Let me know if you get anything DIY sorted out! Would love to see pictures and references to what you use for it. 

The process should be simple for you! If you have a Chime Pro, ensure that is setup and online first, as your Doorbell Pro will then ask to connect to that network when setting it up in the app. Let me know if you have any troubles, I'm happy to help. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yeah the existing set up works perfectly, I just need the actual doorbell to change, so hopefully it will programme in to the existing chime which is currently in situ.

Cheers, be in touch tomorrow after I’ve done it
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi,

Chaa a thing it was easy. I replaced the doorbell and the chime and deleted the old doorbell and chime off the app.

I have a notification now though telling me I need to subscribe to have my recordings stored but I already have this and pay every month for the doorbell I just removed.

How do I get the subscription to recognise the new doorbell please?
Highlighted
Community Manager

@Lain_coubert Awesome news! Glad the setup was nice and easy for you. It may be asking you to subscribe to ensure that you have a plan to cover your device after the Plus Trial for the new device is over in 30 days. No worries, you just need to cancel the plan you had for the old Doorbell, and then make a new plan for the new Doorbell. If you paid for the yearly subscription, you should get the money back for the months you didn't use on the old device. You can learn more about adjusting your plan here. If you cannot adjust the plan online, you can have it done easily over the phone!

For phone support, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We're taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.