cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Connection issues

I just tried again using my iphone and ipad.  No go with either one.  I'm charging an old Android tablet to see if that works.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I tried to setup with an Android tablet.  No Go.  So, with the iOS deivices I successfully connect to WiFi but the app doesn't connect the doorbell 2.  With the Android tablet, it doesn't even connect to WiFi.  I should mention that I bought a new Chime Pro that refuses to complete the setup.  Got Ring to replace the Chime Pro and the replacement is no better.  I give up.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I think it is an issue with the app. Everything is connected just fine. It just doesn't connect up fast enough to answer the doorbell ring when somebody is there. Plus why does the doorbell pick up cars in the street yet doesn't pick me up pulling in the driveway or even walking toward the door until I am at door?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I FINALLY connected my Ring 2 Doorbell and Chime Pro to my WiFi.  I had to go into my WiFi settings.  My firewall was set to high.  I had to set it to normal to allow the Ring devices to connect.  Ok, I'm connected and happy again.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Connection concerns are often related to RSSI or signal strength, in which this Community post will help with tips and tricks to optimize. If you feel this concern is related to mobile device/ app connection, please close any apps running in the background. Please also check that bluetooth, VPNs, and hotspots are disabled.

If these concerns persist, checking your network settings could help, as @Old-Man expressed, or feel free to reach out to our support team for in-depth troubleshooting. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Well don't have anything else running and have 400mb internet service. So shouldn't have connection issue. No other issues on computers or when streaming since don't have cable.