Connecting Ring Pro to your existing Intercom System Door Chime

Hi @Marley_Ring. Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me more about the “finder relay”? Are you saying it’s a relay made by Finder (I did a quick Google search and found the Finder company)…?

I was thinking of doing something like using a full wave rectifier, a small filter capacitor and a relay. I’d put the rectifier in series with the Ring Pro – the rectifier could then convert the 24 VAC into 24 VDC to drive the relay when enough current flows through the circuit. I’d configure the Ring Pro to think there was either a normal door bell or an electric door bell in series with the Ring Pro. This way, when the button on the Ring Pro is pressed, it would allow more current through the circuit, and in turn, the relay would turn on. However, the trick would be to find a relay that needs a fair amount of current in order to energize, otherwise it would simply always be energized.

Another thought would be to do something similar as above, but instead of using a relay, use a voltage divider, then have an Arduino or ESP8266 or such monitor the voltage divider. When it sees the voltage increase, it would know that the button on the Ring Pro was being pressed.

Unfortunately, life right now is very crazy (with work and with raising a family), so I have very little time to investigate options such as above. I’d love to have a solution, but I think it might be a while before I can find one. I did post a request in another thread on this board (a thread where someone from Ring was taking suggestions for future products, etc), and I mentioned that it would be nice to have a little box that could go in series with the Ring Pro, and the box would have dry contact closure outputs (basically, the outputs of a relay).

I’m open to suggestions on how I might find a solution to my problem. Do you have any other ideas on what I could try?

Thank you for your time. :slight_smile: