Change in (daylight) video brightness triggering false motion alerts

Hi

For roughly the last 2 months, my Video doorbell 2 is giving false motion events throughout the day every day. I’ve tried everything I can think of, I’m at the point where I’ve cut cropped out the sky, reduced the motion distance down to minimal, turned off 1 of the 3 zones, enabled motion verification, turned off audio, motion frequency is set to light, I’ve tried lots of different setting but here’s what’s triggering it, please can someone help with this one:
The motion it’s seeing is: The “false” alerts are starting as almost a pure white screen, and then the camera’s exposure adjusts and the video image becomes darker and you can then actually see the real view of the camera. But it’s that pure white light going darker that i presume is causing it to trigger?

Attached are 2 screenshots that are within a second of each other which shows the above, where the exposure is changing back to normal causing the alert ?

Hi @rod_922. Do you also have People Only mode turned on? Occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. After taking a peak at the pictures you provided, I did notice a lot of window like surfaces that may have the sunlight reflecting off of them, which also causes the overexposed picture. If you can, please try turning off this setting to see if it helps! For the instance you have already done this or you see no improvements, we may need to look at having the Doorbell face another angle through a corner kit or a wedge kit.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I did have people only mode turned on, I’ve turn it off just now and will see if that helps.

I am using a down angle wedge currently as there are steps going up to door.

1 Like

Did you ever solve this problem? I am ready to return my Ring Doorbell because I am getting these same false motion detections. Nothing works. Something changes the exposure in the image for 1 second and this triggers the motion detection. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this ussue.

1 Like

Having the same issue. “Support” is useless as they stop caring once they get your money. It started off every few days, now it’s every couple of hours. People only mode is off. Incredibly annoying and am about to get rid of it. Seems like their “quality control” is on par with Microsoft. It’s been a year, I don’t suspect anybody has been able to resolve this. Their answer “Buy a new one”. Ain’t gonna happen.