Change from solar to hardwired

I’m looking to switch from solar power to hardwired in my new home which has an existing hardwired not plus powered doorbell. I have a 2nd generation possible 3rd gen I bought back in February of this year is this possible or do I need to buy a new doorbell. Hope someone can help. Thanks much!

Hi @Kds8684. Can you clarify your question a bit more if possible? If you’re asking about wiring your Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit, then yes this is possible. You’ll need to make sure the chime kit is compatible. Which model of Doorbell do you have? You can find this listed on the original packaging or on the back of the Doorbell itself. I can point you in the right direction on some resources to help with wiring the Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit. :slight_smile:

I bought my ring with the solar panel the back of my ring doorbell looks like this i now wanna hardwire it but I habe no other back plate or anything with AC wiring. Whay would I need to purchase to make it compatible

@Kds8684 Thanks for clarifying. You can find instructions on how to install a Video Doorbell to an existing doorbell circuit in our Help Center Article here. If you find that you’re missing any of the parts needed for installation, you can reach out to our support team and they can help get you sorted. Our support team can be reached at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: