Change chime from US to UK plug

Can you buy the plug part for the chime for different countries? I just moved from the USA to the uk and I need a uk 3 pin plug not the USA 2 plug. Many thanks

1 Like

The US mains is 110volts while the UK mains is 240 volts. While you can get an adapter from Amazon there is likely to be a large bang when you plug it in as the internal electrical circuits are probably not rated for the higher voltage.

Should be ok as the name plate shows it having a voltage range 110-240 and 50/60hz I.e dual voltage/freq. Moving from USA to uk I’ve had to scrap about 50% of my electrical goods because some were 110 only but the dual stuff is fine. I think ring have 1 sku for the chime and just change out the removable plug pin piece (the photo in my original post). But that removable part doesn’t appear to be available as a spare part unfortunately. Ring guy told me just to be an adapter from amazon. Thanks anyway

C81B1CC3-9A84-478F-AC4B-D2497DF52C50.jpeg

2517C0B0-EC3A-4E1A-A24C-6E65F7458F50.jpeg

I wish on occasions I pay more attention to detail - I didnt look at your original photo - doh!

Still I’m sure I have devices with similar changeable power plug options which would fit. I’m at my daughters this weekend but when I get home on Monday I’ll try and remember to check what I’ve got and that may point to a suitable option. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

I’ve looked at the devices I have. Both a Bose charger for the QC35 headphones and a Phihong power supply have a similar slide in UK plug adapter. The Phihong UK plug is available from:

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-supply-accessories/8732418?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_Power+Supplies+%26+Transformers_Whoop-_-Power+Supply+Accessories_Whoop-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-743833656671&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3pGruczq5wIVl-N3Ch2bBgdKEAQYAiABEgJFpvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

While the adapter should slide onto the Chime unit I’m not convinced it will lock in place as well as the original part but it may be worth a punt as they are not expensive. The alternative is to use the US adapter with a US to UK power adapter which will be a tad inelegant. I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you, that is really helpful. Really very appreciated. I’ll have a look.

I had a look in the box for a UK ring and that comes with a UK plug and a EU plug adapter, just for reference.

Thank you again

1 Like

Hi Feeemach,

Do you still have the US adapter please? We’re about to relocate in the opposite direction and need the North American one. :grinning:

I need to do the exact opposite of this and want to find the plug adapter for my ring chime pros to use in the US. I have the UK plug adaptors and I need to find the US ones. Anyone know where to buy these?

I need the US part too, anyone knows where to find it? TIA

Hi neighbors. There are no Chime or Chime Pro plug adapters available for sale. If you move to a different country, you may need to purchase a Chime or Chime Pro for that country to get the appropriate plug type.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.