Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t hear visitors speak but they can hear me

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring doorbell 3 plus - No audio from doorbell to phone app

@Tiv wrote:

Similar issue here with Ring 3 Pro.

I agree with previous posts and would like the option of remote reset in the app - or best some firmware update fixing this issue.

Agreed. Maybe a remote reboot option NOW, and a permanent fix once proper QA has a chance to validate it!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue here. Had the doorbell since March and it’s been working fine until recently. I am particularly dependent on this device during the pandemic. Please, please find a fix.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue, only had it since last Friday, reset it twice already.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring 3 plus no sound

same problem here with Rng 3 plus

re-insert the battery can help for 1-2 days, then fail again

i think Ring need to fix this problem (any Ring offical here?)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! This is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. If the previous recommendations in this thread are not helpful in resolving your concern, then you'll want to contact our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Smiley Happy

Curious and want to learn more about the Community? Visit our Community 101 - New Member Checklist here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi everyone,

i followed the solutionon the other thread last nght and it seem solved the problem on last 12 hours

https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/Ring-3-doorbell-2-way-audio-issues/m-p/57438#M18927

durig setup the doorbell as new device, it has firmware update and it took about 10 mins to finish the update

will keep monitor and hope everyone get this problem fix

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi all. Hoping you can help as I’m new to both Ring and this forum. I set my new ring doorbell 3 last night and noticed that the person at the door can hear me but I can’t hear them. This is on both my phone and my wife’s. Also in live view the audio can be heard for a second or two and then cuts off. If I reset, where the the button? If I setup as a new doorbell again, does that mean having to delete the existing setup? And would that be on both my phone and my wife’s?

This is really disappointing and seems to be a wide spread issue from what I can see. Surely this can be fixed with a firmware update? Hope ring are working on this!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

to hard reset:

remove the faceplate, press and hold the litttle orange button for 20s, then go to Ring app and setup aa new device
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks. Before setting up a new device do I have to delete the original first or afterwards? Surely if I don’t then I’m going to see two devices on the app?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

no need in my case