Can’t hear visitors speak but they can hear me

I have the same on a Doorbell 3 plus. I find that I get audio for approx 11-12 seconds then it cuts out. Seems firmware rather than hardware.

Edit: Should have said a hard reboot fixes it (for now).

1 Like

Can we get someone from Ring to answer this thread? I think we have shown there is an actual issue here.

5 Likes

I am having the same issue with my Doorbell 3 Plus. During calls, visitors can hear me but I can’t hear them. In addition, I can hear sound for a few seconds and then silence in Recordings and in Live view. So I know it’s not the phone (s8+), nor the app, nor the camera mic. Ring should address this issue immediately. This is unacceptable, especially considering the prices of the devices. I would expect quality products and support from Ring.

4 Likes

Or you can maybe just fix the problem, paid a lot of money for this doorbell and what’s the point if the sound doesn’t work when people are at the door, don’t try and say it’s signal etc as it’s not, it’s clearly a firmware issue, so tell us how to fix it and now.

4 Likes

My concern is that ring sell this doorbell with ‘two way talk’ as a function. If this fails after a couple of months then what’s the point? Maybe we just upload an article with screenshots of this thread to advise possible purchasers that actually this does not work as advertised, and when you seek help you merely get fobbed off? I think we might need to advise reviewers of this failing as this is no satisfactory when the product promises such a function! If this fault isn’t resolved I think I’ll send my unit to which for them to advise consumers of a very poor promise and product.

1 Like

Same problem with android and IOS

1 Like

Just had the same problem on a 2 month old ring 3 device.
Nothing changed in my network on my phone (cabin that I don’t stay at frequently) and want able to hear the person speaking into the ring.
Took out the battery and placed back in and then back to normal.
There seems to be a problem with the doorbell not sending the voice because mine has an echo when it enters this state and doesn’t transmit the voice.

1 Like

I am also having this same problem. Wifi is super strong (mesh network with a mesh device very close to front door location of ring doorbell). People at the door can hear me but I can’t hear them. My phone is not connected to any bluetooth audio devices. Ring: Please provide a solution!

I’m also having this problem with a Video Doorbell 3 Plus paired with a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9, and newer Galaxy S20-5G. From App to doorbell, audio works fine. From doorbell to phone app, absolutely nothing. RSSI under device health shows -58, and is green. Ubitquity AP-AC-PRO access point also showing -58. It has a “wifi experience” index of 99 out of 100.

Power cycling the doorbell via pulling the battery is an immediate fix.

Unit bought new Aug 2020. I’ve got Protect Plan Plus. No issues with Ring Indoor Cam on same phones.

Can you please address this issue?

1 Like

@Tiv wrote:

Similar issue here with Ring 3 Pro.

I agree with previous posts and would like the option of remote reset in the app - or best some firmware update fixing this issue.

Agreed. Maybe a remote reboot option NOW, and a permanent fix once proper QA has a chance to validate it!

1 Like

Same issue here. Had the doorbell since March and it’s been working fine until recently. I am particularly dependent on this device during the pandemic. Please, please find a fix.

1 Like

Same issue, only had it since last Friday, reset it twice already.

same problem here with Rng 3 plus

re-insert the battery can help for 1-2 days, then fail again

i think Ring need to fix this problem (any Ring offical here?)

1 Like

Hey neighbors! This is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum rather than a direct line to support. If the previous recommendations in this thread are not helpful in resolving your concern, then you’ll want to contact our support team directly. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

i followed the solutionon the other thread last nght and it seem solved the problem on last 12 hours

https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/Ring-3-doorbell-2-way-audio-issues/m-p/57438#M18927

durig setup the doorbell as new device, it has firmware update and it took about 10 mins to finish the update

will keep monitor and hope everyone get this problem fix

1 Like

Hi all. Hoping you can help as I’m new to both Ring and this forum. I set my new ring doorbell 3 last night and noticed that the person at the door can hear me but I can’t hear them. This is on both my phone and my wife’s. Also in live view the audio can be heard for a second or two and then cuts off. If I reset, where the the button? If I setup as a new doorbell again, does that mean having to delete the existing setup? And would that be on both my phone and my wife’s?

This is really disappointing and seems to be a wide spread issue from what I can see. Surely this can be fixed with a firmware update? Hope ring are working on this!

1 Like

to hard reset:

remove the faceplate, press and hold the litttle orange button for 20s, then go to Ring app and setup aa new device

Thanks. Before setting up a new device do I have to delete the original first or afterwards? Surely if I don’t then I’m going to see two devices on the app?

no need in my case

Just got 2 rings from Prime Day. One for front, one for back… and experiencing the same audio issue - no audio from visitor on ONLY THE FRONT. Front is wired. The Back is battery only and is working as expected. Does that help solve anything?

I also just disconnected / reconnected the battery for the Front and seems to have got it working again… just not sure for how long though. ?

1 Like