Can't hear people talking on Ring app - Video Doorbell 3 Plus

The fire department was dispatched to my house today and when they tried to talk to me, I couldn’t hear a word that they said. They could hear me, but I couldn’t hear them. I could hear some sounds in the background when nobody was talking, but as soon as someone started talking, there was no more audio. I have reconnected my doorbell to different WiFi networks and it has the same problem regardless of the network. I have a strong WiFi signal strength RSSI of -55 or better and have tried both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks.

How do I fix this issue? I need to be able to hear people when they talk to me!

Here is the video clip from today: https://ring.com/share/4fbbbbdb-e0c5-4690-bd49-4167c3b9046c

Hey @Fit20. It definitely seems like the microphone for you Doorbell isn’t working, as I could barely hear the audio myself! Had to make me think twice to confirm my sound was all the way up. :joy_cat: No worries, if you reach out to our support team, they can troubleshoot this with you to fix it, and if they cannot fix it, will issue you a replacement if you are within warranty.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I believe it’s a software update issue on Ring’s end. I don’t think your doorbell has any hardware problems. I’m facing the same problem with my Ring Doorbell 3 Plus and Ring Doorbell 4 – it occurred suddenly at the same time, and I can’t resolve it. They added a privacy feature in the Ring software to prevent audio recording. However, whether turned off or on, it doesn’t capture audio. Can Ring please fix this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.