Can't get security screws off!

Thanks, tried with a screwdriver that day, but it was too thick. Will try a razor blade or my wife actually suggesed some thin wire that we can hopefully get under the head of the screw and one of us can apply downward pressure whilst the other one keeps unscrewing.

Ring support told me I could change the wifi without removing the unit, but when I followed their instructions…
"Here are the steps on how to connect your wi-fi connection without getting off your Ring device from the mounting location:

• Tap on the icon or preview tile for the device we are setting up.
  • Select ‘Device Health’ from the available options.
  • In the Network section, tap on ‘Change Wi-Fi Network’ for online devices, ‘Reconnect to Wi-Fi’ for offline devices, or ‘Change Connection Type’. Only one of these options will be available.
  • A pop up appears advising you to be near the device and has your Wi-Fi password. Select ‘Continue’ to proceed."

Well after you click ‘continue’ the only options are to hit the orange button (can’t get the unit off to access the orange button) or remove the battery pack (this unit doesn’t have a battery pack, it’s hard wired.)

1 Like