Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about Amazon Sidewalk here!

Can't get ring doorbell 2 off mounting bracket

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Can't get ring doorbell 2 off mounting bracket

Just got mine today and having the same issue as everyone else.  Maddening to say the least.  I was finally able to use a paint scraper at the top edges and worked my way down each side and it came off easily.  Hope this saves someone some time!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It doesn’t slide up. It pulls out from the bottom. Easy when back plate installed but when it isn’t it’s difficult to remove.I managed to get my nail in at the bottom then it all made sense.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is madness. im 3hrs wrestling to get this back plate off this 2nd gen product. No QR code anywhere to be seen. And I do this for a living. lols. 

**SOLVED** 

Ok, so it just separates from the bottom. So, get a knife and literally slide it between device and bracket along the bottom edge. Then twist the knife until the doorbell separates away from the bracket. The pivot / attachment is on the top.

**CONCL** 

If you're gonna ship with the bracket attached, update the instructions. Please!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@Whoever12 wrote:

**SOLVED** 

Ok, so it just separates from the bottom. So, get a knife and literally slide it between device and bracket along the bottom edge. Then twist the knife until the doorbell separates away from the bracket. The pivot / attachment is on the top.

So this worked for me (finally), thanks! Unfortunately I'm a clumsy idiot and also ended up with three stitches in my finger, so yeah, it would be nice if they made that easier.

Highlighted
Community Manager

We're sorry to hear this, @badluddite. We would love for a team member to reach out to you to discuss this in more detail. Would it be okay for us to contact you at the email address associated with your Community account?

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Why not just put a sticker on the box or device telling people to pry the bottom out with a blade or provide a spudger in the box???

Robert Hagelberg
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This worked great!! Just slide my nail under the bottom and off it popped (after 5 minutes of trying to get it off!) thank you!!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the "ring Video Doorbell". These notes may not apply to your model.

You're gonna hate this, but the instructions for removing the mounting bracket are inside the bracket. You have to remove it first to find out how to remove it.

Anyway, the doorbell hooks onto the bracket at the top, then pivots down. There are a couple of catches and a strong magnet that holds it all into place. Plus the security screws; make sure you remove those first.

I was able to get the bracket off by slipping a knife blade in between the bracket and the unit at the bottom of the unit. Sliding the bracket off would never have worked and I would have broken something if I'd forced it.

But be real sure. If you have a model that slides off, you'll break it if you do it my way. I can only say that the "ring Video Doorbell" opens this way. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This was the only one that worked for me!! Thank you for putting your tips here
Highlighted
New Neighbor

OMG Same!! Smiley Sad @Ring please give me 3 hours of my life back! 

@Whoever12 thank you!! 

This is madness. im 3hrs wrestling to get this back plate off this 2nd gen product. No QR code anywhere to be seen. And I do this for a living. lols. 

**SOLVED** 

**CONCL** 

If you're gonna ship with the bracket attached, update the instructions. Please!