Can someone please tell me what does unverified motion event means and where did that video go to?

Can someone please tell me what does unverified motion event means and where did that video go to?

I keep getting “unverified motion”, when no one is outside. Happens late night, early morning, anytime, but no one is there. I have settings set to humans only and it still goes off at different hours. Any suggests?

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem, 2am, afternoon, anytime. Frustrating though in the wee hours of the morning

1 Like

I think it’s the new feature called verified motion. I turned it on. I haven’t seen any unverified motion notifications. So that must be it. It’s in the main app under new features.
I attached a screenshot of it.

I’m having the same problem.

1 Like

I know that we have our ring set for people only but the stray cats set it off

Thank you;
That’s probably what’s happening to us as well, we have squirrels and cats roaming. Do you also get unverified motion sometimes?

Hey neighbors! Please check out our Ring Help Center Article here, which talks about and covers our Motion Verification feature. Please note that it is helping reduce these false positives, and you may still get some. If you notice an excessive amount, even with this feature on, please revisit your motion settings and lower them through the Motion Wizard or with your Motion Zones to see if it helps!

I am still getting them and my motion sensors are so low that half of the time it doesn’t even pick up or record when someone comes to my door or is in the front yard

I changed my motion setting to the minimum and still getting the unverified motion event, even when at night when a bug flies by the camera. In the day time, it could be the sun hitting the camera from the east, make zero sense.