cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect ring doorbell2 to router

Kym
New Neighbor

Can not connect ring doorbell2 to router

Hello everyone, I am trying to setup the ring doorbell 2. I keep getting the left flashing lights on the device. My router is set to the lowest settings.  I was able to connect to the router before but now I have no luck.  Are there any settings on my router that need to be change.  It's at the lowest firewall settting and the roter password is 8 charachters (no special characters). My door bell is right next to the router. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Can not connect ring doorbell2 to router

Hey @Kym! I would ensure the router is broadcasting a 2.4 Ghz frequency as well as try different channels on this frequency to avoid clutter. If all security measures are defaulted or lowered to allow an easy connection, it sounds like you've done enough for it to connect. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to ensure it is completing a setup properly. Something else to try, as a test, is to setup and connect the Doorbell to your mobile device's hot spot to see if it will connect that way. Let me know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Can not connect ring doorbell2 to router

Hi, make sure you are setting up as close to your router as possible. This will rest the end-to-end solution in an optimum position. It may be worth trying the set up with a different phone/tablet, and ensure your WiFi 2.4GHz channel is set between 1-12 only (not higher).