Buz from doorbell after setup

I have yet to find in the setup instructions that came with device as well as online video how to set up this device where I have an internal bell, with transformer already connected, just what that voltage should be set at. The directions are either vague or non-existant. We set everything up without changing anything to the existing manual bell and the bell buzzes when power is back on. That can only mean the voltage is too high, but nowhere does it say at what level to set that voltage. It’s a ding-dong manual bell, wtf should the voltage be and if I have to look into something further why aren’t the setup instructions more explanatory???

This article might help

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011986-Ring-Video-Doorbell-2-Hardwired-vs-Battery-Powered-Operation

Hardwiring

A Ring Doorbell 2 can also be connected to an existing mechanical or electronic doorbell that operates at a voltage between 8 volts AC and 24 volts AC. Once connected, pressing the button on your Ring Doorbell 2 will trigger your existing chime. The wiring from your existing doorbell will charge the battery in the Ring Video Doorbell 2, so with normal use your battery will stay charged.

thanks but it’s not a perfect solution. I should be able to get exactly the steps I need to make sure things are working perfectly. I want the specific steps - I am not an electrical person, but I can do the steps if they are provided.

In the images you can see the bell wiring that shows one red wire connected to what is labeled “TRANS” and one red wire that is connected to what is labeled “FRONT”. The existing transformer is 16V. When I hook up my ring doorbell 2 the doorbell buzzes. We looked up online that it will buzz if voltage is too high. So we bought a new transformer that has 8, 16, 24 capability and hooked it up using left two connectors set at 8V, but it still buzzes.

Any help is appreciated!!

bell wiring.jpg

There is a Power Kit inside the Doorbell Pro 2 box, you need to connect to ‘Transform’ and ‘Front’ of your doorbell, which solved my problem.

Hope this helps.

1 Like