Blurry center camera lens

Is there a way to clean the lens on the video doorbell camera? The center of the image is blurry? Like if humidity got in. I checked connection, WiFi, battery and everything is ok.

2 Likes

I have just purchased a ring doorbell and I’m not impressed video quality very poor and blurry not what I was expecting, did you resolve your issue or not ?

Hi neighbors! A blurry video or poor video quality, is often related to wifi signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing signal strength. If it seems like it is just part of the lens not adjusting, please ensure the lens is clear of any smudges or debris. I recommend also testing video in different lighting environments to ensure it is not just an adjustment to the light of the area. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

These images are not due to lighting effects I get this blurry picture when ring doorbell is right next to router almost like there no adjustment in the lens

Good luck I called about condensation in my lens in April. Said they would send one out, but they didn’t. Now if I want one I have to buy a new one? I’ll go with another company if I have to pay for faulty equipment.

Hi @Joshuarice72. If you were supposed to receive a replacement unit, but never got it, please reach out to our support team to get this corrected. It’s Ring intention to provide you with World Class Service. Mistakes do happen, especially with shipping during COVID-19, so we do appreciate you cooperation and understanding. :smiley:

I’m having the same exact issues!
The circular blurry spot is in the exact spot in every video, which is directly in the middle of the video.
Ive tried, adjusting my outside lights, wiped the lense of to clear it of any residue that may have gotten on it to no avail.
Its aggravating because i cant see my entire property, im missing out on important information like seeing what car bumped into mine etc.
Its a waste having it without the use of video features.

Hi neighbors. If you are experiencing a device with a blurry video, and this can’t be corrected by cleaning the device or the suggestions in this thread, you’ll need to contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.