Blinking blue light, top half only

I had an electrician install the Ring Doorbell Pro. It worked for about a month with decreasing effectiveness. Then it started blinking a blue light, top half only. I just had an electrician replace the transformer with a Ring branded one. The Pro Power kit is hooked up to the chime. The house is only 11 years old. The light is still blinking blue, top half only. Any attempts to reset it will show a white light for about 15 seconds, then revert to the blue blinking light. It doesn’t appear to be charging whatsoever. Is something wrong with it? Do I have a defective unit? Not sure what else to do at this point.

1 Like

Hey there, @VW650! A blue light flashing upwards around your Doorbell button should only happen during setup. This is an indicator that your Video Doorbell Pro is connecting to your wifi network.

A light indicator on your Video Doorbell Pro is a great sign that power is sufficient. If a reset did not resolve this, and the Doorbell wont connect in the Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the light is not flashing upwards or circling or rotating - it’s just a solid blue blinking on the upper half of the circle, which hasn’t changed at all, even after resets. I think the internal battery must have died, despite it being used less than a month. I will contact customer support.

1 Like

Yup…Same issue! This is ridiculous. It worked for less than a day. Now it just blinks blue on the top. Did the bypass mode, new transform, tried resetting it up MANY times. IT WON’T WORK. It’s so frustrating that it’s this hard.

1 Like

Same issue. Bad support from Ring company.

1 Like

Same here - anyone resolved this?

1 Like

TWO YEARS And NO response!
Time to dump all and go simplIsafe.
Unbelievable.

Hi neighbors, you can find information on the different light patterns for the Video Doorbell Pro here. If the top half of the circle is blinking blue, it’s likely due to insufficient power. I’d recommend reviewing the Hardwiring Checklist for the Doorbell Pro to make sure it’s receiving enough power. For further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.