Black Video Screen

I having problems that have really existed for a long time and just getting fed up enough to try and solve it. My ring doorbell works great from a live view perspective. When I get a doorbell, I get a black video when trying to answer. Motion seems to view well, but the doorbell always produces a solid black video when trying to answer or view. Thoughts?

Hey @toddwallace! I would start with uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. Also, which model Doorbell do you have?

Its a pro…

I have re-installed the other day. It happens in my wife’s phone as well.

It does not do it in my mom’s ring door bells which is the one lower than the pro.

It inly seems to happen when answering the doorbell from someone ringing it. Live view and answering motion seems to work fine.

Thank you for confirming that @toddwallace. This sounds like a potential power concern between the chime kit and the Pro. Being that the Pro works well for motion and live view, but has trouble during ring events, it is possible more power is needed or the chime kit is drawing too much power and not allowing the Pro to power it’s lens. Please check our Chime Compatibility List to ensure the chime used here is compatible.

If this does not help to resolve the concern, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Reset router & modem…battery is charged…still black screen