cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware - Ring Video Doorbell Issues - re: Snapshot Capture and firmware issues

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Beware - Ring Video Doorbell Issues - re: Snapshot Capture and firmware issues

Figured i would provide an update.  I posted in another thread as well.  All is well in Ring land my firmware now shows "up to date" and the the snapshot capture is working....boo yah  Not sure if they took some action on thier end all i know is that it is working and firmware is indicating up to date.  I did place another support call yesterday(4th one) and they performed another remote reset of device and I removed\reinstalled app on phone, all steps performed in the past.  When we ended the call yesterday, issue was still not resolved but just start working a couple hours later.  For those that are experiencing this same issue the only advice i can offer is be patient and persistent, keep calling support until they resolve it.  When you work with support keep it simple focus on the firmware not updating or having the "up to date" status , once that is resolved I believe everything else will fall into place.  Bottom line they were able to resolve issue without the need to take it back

Rocxylemmon, Looks like that hi tech employee finally got around to me, pushing that update 1 at a time . thanks for having a good sense of humor.

Tom L

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Beware - Ring Video Doorbell Issues - re: Snapshot Capture and firmware issues

So for the 5th time i believe i lost count how many times i changed , i installed another Pro doorbell which was supposed to be from A stock whatever that means(supposedly the most updated ) and unit still has old firmware 1.16.00272 and not showing up to date and no snapshot feature and does not update itself  i am so disgusted with ring and the whole thing after reading time again that people on ring community had same   problems and gets rectified  sometimes  a company as big as ring cannot get rectified last conversation they said there aware of firmware problem and it will automaticly get updated and ill be notified  but dont know when un real they cant figure out the issue  i will never reccomend a ring device to anyone 

Highlighted
Neighbor II

It took about 4 to 5 weeks before my pro updated. Now it's up to date and working fine so far. Been updated for about a month with no issues.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just replaced two Ring Video Doorbell 2's with two Ring Video Doorbell Pro's a little over a week ago. The main reason for the switch was the motion zones on the Pro's. I'm very much enjoying that I'm not getting false motion alerts every time a car goes down the street. Very nice upgrade except that one of my new Doorbell Pro's is stuck not updating with the same plagued firmware that everyone else is reporting an issue with (1.16.00272). I've been in touch with Ring multiple times and have been told they'll fix it when they can and that I'll be notified via email when it's done. I've tried to call back to escalate since others have said their's have been updated and I'm just told my ticket is already escalated and that my device mac address is  tagged with all the others that have the same issue. Since this issue sounds like it has been around for a while, why isn't it resolved yet? Very confusing and frustrating. Biggest thing I miss is the snapshots since I had them working on both of my RVD2's prior to replacing them. Anyone else have any new interactions with support to share on this issue? 

Highlighted
Neighbor II

As I posted above. It rolls out slowly. It took 4 to 5 weeks without me calling. But it came one night and has been perfect since. Just have to be patient.
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

Updated to Android Ring app v3.22.3 (2/21/2020)
Ring Doorbell Pro Firmware version: 2.2.00097

I don't see a Snapshot Capture option under Video Settings.