Battery draining too fast

Hi all, since I am not able to contact Ring support (wait time too long, music on hold keeps playing without any update if the call has progressed… and they don’t have chat and email support now), posting my issue here to see other neighbours are have faced this.

My doorbell is a couple of months old and battery drains within a month. The usage is very low, it hardly rings once or twice in a month. Ring sent me the replacement battery but it did not improve anything.

I have also disabled montion sensing but still with the new battery, I got reminder email to charge the battery after 20 days after full charge. I am suspecting the device is faulty, wondering if someone has faced this issue before.

Hi @nst. Thank you for coming to the Community to describe how your experience with the Doorbell 2 has been and the draining that you see on the battery. Since you are having that minimal of activity on the Doorbell 2 and still having to charge it after 20 days, it does seem like the device is no longer functioning as it should. I know you said in your post that you were waiting for support, but were you able to get ahold of them? I recommend re-touching base with them, as they may need to look into replacing the device for you.

In case you need it, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks Chelsea. Thanks for your reply. I finally managed to contact Ring support on phone. They saw the error in software from their side, we setup the device again and tried to update firmware, however the error did not go away. They are sending me the replacement device now.

Thanks again for your help.

1 Like