Battery draining fast

I have a Ring Doorbell (new In Jan 2020). I had to charge it once in June. Then, this week the charge went to 0%. I charged it for 24 hrs. The yellow light never went off indicating a full charge, but I installed it and it said 98%. Now, three days later, it is at 66%. I think the battery is failing. I read the article on batteries draining quickly. None of those situations apply. I did not change any settings from the time that the battery kept a charge for 5 months.

I have exactly the same issue since last week. My Video doorbell 1 is hardwired and still it is draining rapidly. Also I have it ring at at random moments while only movement is detected. (Settings were not changed)

Hi Neighbors. There are a few variables in battery life. One is the level of activity your doorbell experiences. If your Doorbell is recording more that 35 events per day, it is exceeding the amount of trickle charge that your hardwiring provides. Secondly, if there is too much wifi noise or a poor wifi signal, you could also experience fast battery drain. If you’ve already reset your device and reconnected it to wifi to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.