Audio quality is very poor with live connection

When we try to talk to someone that has rung the doorbell, the audio quality is so poor that we can’t understand each other. There are gaps in the audio. All the tests on the app indicate everything is fine: transformer voltage, RSSI, internet connection speed etc. We get 20+mbps download and 2.5mbps upload. The doorbell is about 2 metres from the wifi access point. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

2 Likes

Hi @SteveW_UK! Since you checked your power and wifi connection variables, the best next thing will be to check mobile connection. Please ensure there is no bluetooth or VPN enabled on your mobile device. Try testing audio one wifi only, and on cell data only on your mobile device. To fully eliminate any wifi interference, you can also bring your Doorbell inside near your router to test an event there. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the exact problem with my Ring Video Doorbell Pro. My router is about 10 feet from the doorbell, and the signal strength is as good as it can get. But whenever I answer a ring event, it’s impossible to have a clear conversation with the people at my door. This has been an ongoing problem for longer than I should have tolerated. If I cannot resolve this issue, then my son-in-law has shown me a product that he’s using that he says has never had a problem… and he doesn’t pay an annual subscription. Just saying…

Same problem with the currently bought Doorbell Elite 101. Audio quality at the doorbell is annoying (sounds like a very cheap speaker), video and audio in the app is ok.
Network is fine, connected via LAN, ISP speed is 100/30 Mbit/s down/up.

Maybe the build-in speaker is broken?

Best
Thomas

Hey neighbors! Are we using IOS or Android? If possible, test audio on another mobile device entirely. If using Android, please ensure there are not any apps that might conflict with the Ring app.

Depending on Doorbell model, you might have the option to connect to 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channel frequency. I recommend connecting to 2.4 Ghz as it is more dependable over distance. If your wifi signal is sufficient, or you are connected to ethernet, and power is also sufficient (battery/ voltage), your audio should be working with the intended quality. If it is not Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: