Another case of a stranger's voice on my Ring

This is the first time it has happened to me after a couple of years with my Ring, but I see it happened to u/meme last year. That user discovered that the dialogue was from video they were streaming. I checked with everybody in our house, and nobody was streaming anything.

In the last couple of seconds, a man’s voice chimes in saying “…that, and getting up in the morning…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYds_J-uu74&feature=youtu.be

Hi @EliW, we’re sorry you had this experience. At Ring, privacy is of the utmost importance to us, and we design our services and products to include strong privacy protections. Which is why we would appreciate the chance to connect with you to take a further look, to ease your concerns. If you can please email us at help@ring.com so we can connect with you ASAP, this would be appreciated. We look forward to helping you as soon as possible.

@EliW

I just stumbled upon your post by accident. Did Ring provide you any additional information on the cause of the voice on your video? I listened to it, and it sounded to me like a radio show voice… If your Ring device is outside, would it be more prone to picking up signals from neighbors?

I asked Ring to escalate my case because I wanted to understand techinically how the Ring camera could pick up streaming from another device, and what implications this had in terms of security of Ring videos… After several weeks of apparently no progress, I asked to have the case closed. So, nothing came of it…

Wondering if you were provided any additional information? They told me it was a very rare occurence, but doesn’t seem so rare if it happened to you too…?

@EliW wrote:

This is the first time it has happened to me after a couple of years with my Ring, but I see it happened to u/meme last year. That user discovered that the dialogue was from video they were streaming. I checked with everybody in our house, and nobody was streaming anything.

In the last couple of seconds, a man’s voice chimes in saying “…that, and getting up in the morning…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYds_J-uu74&feature=youtu.be

Hi @meme - if you want, we are more than happy to take a further look into this for you. May we contact you at the email address associated with your Community account? Thanks!

@Jennifer_Ring

Yes, please contact me at my registered email if Ring figured out anything more. I had been working with a Level 3 in security. Then I asked the case to be closed. My understanding was that once I asked that the case be closed, the video with the strange voices would have been deleted.

Thanks.

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Hi @meme - if you want, we are more than happy to take a further look into this for you. May we contact you at the email address associated with your Community account? Thanks!

Awesome, @meme. I’ll be reaching out shortly :slight_smile: