Android download only downloads 1 second

I have activity outside my house, the person is far enough away to not activate the event, which means I cant download from the web page, I try and download from my android, I click on the share and it says downloading 3.07 - 3.44 but all I get is 1 second?

Thanks for any help

Hi @stevefriday! As long as the video is saved in your Ring account event history, the entire video should download when initiated through the app. Please ensure VPN is disabled, and there are no apps installed that might conflict with the Ring app. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device could help as well. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Its not an event, it is if I go into the device and look back through the timeline. The person I can see is far enough away that it does not trigger an event, from the App home page, I select the doorbell, then I see a timeline, I scroll back and see the time I want and click share, this then says the time, see attachement, but it only pulls down a 1 second video.

1 Like

I think I know why, I believe its because its the snapshot camera that is taking those, therefore it is only a picture and not regular live feed recording.

1 Like

I’m having the same exact problem. Be nice if we could get a clear answer. I go back to get the footage, it’s not an event and click share and it gives a time frame to download but the video is 1 second. Let’s get to the bottom of this!

Hey @Cdenigris, happy to chime in here. Are you downloading a motion, ding, or Live View? Or are you saving a snapshot? To test this, trigger an event by ringing your Doorbell. Allow a moment for it to finish recording and processing the event, then go to your Event History and attempt to download the video. If it is still only one second, then please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

It is live view from the timeline. They are only 1 sec videos when downloaded even after they give you specific times that they are supposed to be downloading like 10-15 minute intervals. I’m trying to download footage that was NOT triggered by a motion event.

This is still an issue with Ring. I was on the phone with customer service for a long time and they were not able to give me a single solution.

• I am able to view the video on the Ring app.
  • There is no “event” recorded because the activity happened outside of the motion activation range, but still in record range.
  • When I try to download, it gives me a 30 minute timeframe, but when I review the video I saved, it is one second long.

This has been extremely frustrating as it is a safety issue this video is in relation to. If anyone has any solution for downloading videos that are saved, but no motion detected, please let me know.

Hi neighbors. This Help Center article here has information on how to download and share your recordings. Try doing these steps across different platforms (phone, laptop or tablet) to see which one yields the best results. If this doesn’t work, reach out to our support team using one of the previously suggested contact methods.