cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: `Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

I also have a Harmony remote and cannot get Ring to show via an echo dot command until I 'wake' the Fire TV remote with any press, then it works without fail.

It is so irritating that you need to do this, particulary when I have an automation that shows the camera feed on my TV when my doorbell detects motion (a Sonos speaker ask my dot to 'show the front door'), it works flawlessly, but the camera feed never shows unless I've 'woken up' the Fire TV remote first! 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Here's a video of the situation:

Highlighted
Community Manager

@shinedown78 Wow! Thank you so much for the video. We will send this and the Amazon forum to our team for review. Appreciate these detailed insights!! I'll be in touch with more information as soon as possible. Thank you! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

No problems Jennifer, would be great to get a fix! 🤞👍🏻
It's like the Fire TV needs to 'wake up' using the remote before the echo dot commands work. It's very strange, but it then works every time without fail!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Just to add, my Fire TV is on firmware: 6.2.7.1 (NS6271/2495) - latest version. Also, my remote (version 129) shows 'battery offline' in the settings until it is pressesd, where it then shows 'OK' - I've got a feeling that this remote sleeping thing could be something to do with it...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi, any update on this?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having this problem too. Any fixes yet?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue for me.  Simple repro.  No echo dots involved.  I can't view my Ring doorbell from any of my Fire TV Sticks.  I have 4 around the house.  When I send the voice command it just spins on the Waiting for Ring.com screen.  I also have an Echo Show and it works on that.

What info is needed for Ring/Amazon to troubleshoot this and resolve?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi, would be great to hear back from Ring as to where we are with this, many thanks.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Exact same issue here, firstick 4k with LG TV, works fine once remote is woken (if already on amazon input) can’t work out how to get it to switch to firstick to show the image if I’m watching another input source though, but that’s probably a question for another thread.

what I want to do is a described above ie

watching Sky

Doorbell rings or motion detected

tv switches to firstick input and shows display from doorbell or garden camera

once I have seen it and dealt with it, or by saying stop tv returns to original input

but need to get the first issue fixed before I can try and work out above I suppose

fix it please