cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

`Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

Highlighted
New Neighbor

`Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and it seems to be working correctly everyplace but showing on my Sony XBR75. I can tell Alexa to show the front door on an Echo Show 5. Works as expected. Also have no problems with the Ring App on my iPhone.

When I tell my Echo Dot to show the front door, Alexa responds with "Ok" and I see my TV go to a page that says "Waiting for Ring.Com....". After a few seconds the screen disappears and my TV goes back to what it was showing before I issued the command.

The TV has is using an Amazon Fire Stick 4k. TV is connected via WiFi.

Does anyone hve any idea on what could cause this and/or how to troubleshoot it?

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: `Alexa, show the front door` not working on TV

I have this same problem.  I started happening in the last couple months.  Prior to that it worked great for me every day.  I've tried disabling the skill and re-enabling it.  No luck.  I have 15 ring cameras and multiple echo/fire-tv combos.  I get the same result on all of my tv sets.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I discovered that another was interferring. I can't tell you why, just that when I have the HDHomeRun app installed I cannot get Alexa to show a Ring camera. When I uninstall the HDHomeRun app the Ring shows fine.

You may need to try uninstalling your apps one-by-one until you find the culprit.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has anyone found a solution to this?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It seems odd to me that another app was the culprit for me. The HDHomeRun app doesn't even have to be running - just installed. I can duplicate the issue on my setup 100% so I'm confident there's a conflict between the Ring app and the HDHomeRun app.

For the time being I am installing and uninstalling the HDHomeRun app as-needed.

It's a pain to uninstall apps, but I suspect you'll find the culprit on your setup by uninstalling each app one-by-one. Try to show your Ring camera and if it doesn't work just reinstall the app and move on to the next one.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I found the same on all fire sticks in the household on initial setup (They showed waiting for ring.com and had a short burst of mic feed before hanging) but after unplugging each firestick for 30sec. They now work fine. (One of them took 2 attempts) I don’t know if simply restarting the firestick would have the same effect or if you need a complete power down of each. Hope this helps!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I managed to get this working as per suggestion below. Had to keep the firetv remote running and synced as I use harmony remote. But once I had the old fire remote working and tested with the mic everything works. Problems is if I remove the batteries and dnt use, then from door keeps saying waiting on ring. Com and quits..
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ring/comments/e6a805/ring_wont_connect_to_firetv/?utm_medium=android_app&ut...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exact same issue, ring app starts for a second then goes back to the home screen. I used the remote technique, it seemingly worked, but it always goes back to the problem in the end
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue being discussed on the Amazon Forums here: https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D54P00007JLVjz
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi, can I just say that unplugging my firestick from power supply (TV USB port for me) worked. I’ve had the same error for ages where when I asked Alexa to show front door, my TV gets stuck on loading Ring.com page.

Update: stuck again. It worked only once.

My setup: LGTV, ring pro, Amazon firestick, echo dot