Alerts Open Fullscreen video

Is this fixed yet? It takes way too long to double click the notification banner (if my hands are even free from cooking, etc) and then wait for the live video to load in order to see if I want to answer the front door. We need the video to launch from an idle device when the ring doorbell is activated - when “someone is at the front door.” Don’t show me in a banner, show me the live video, automatically, when the app is NOT open. This feature went away as soon as I bought our device so I may return and quit Ring, as well, if this is not available.

3 Likes

Last time I checked (yesterday) it still wasn’t working.

I’ve returned my 2 Ring cameras and once I can afford to, I’m replacing my Ring doorbell too. It’s too bad because I really liked it when it worked properly.

2 Likes

this is seriously still not working?? why?

2 Likes

Reading this topic makes me realise the Ring Bell was the wrong choice a year ago.
Great marketing…yes… but no decent support.
People are begging for solutions, not for a minor issue, but for many THE major reason why they bought the Ring doorbell : Seeing asap who is on your frontdoor. Explaining this is no rocket science. (For people who want to listen)
After 7 months of customer ignorence I found on this topic, I cannot add anything new to this topic other than I asked a new ( not Ring) doorbell under the Christmas tree. It Will not be a Ring …

2 Likes

the fact ring doesnt have a dedicated monitor that would allow for instant live view when the doorbell is pressed is madness.

the fact that we have to make our own solutions using overly expensive, overly spec’ed tablets and mobile devices to get a basic feature that $50 video doorbells from amazon have is madness

the fact that ring finally released a feature only to remove it is abolute madness.

the fact tht ring cant understand why this is a pretty important feature request, requested by so many of their customers is beyond belief

RING: simply allow automatic live view full screen when the doorbell is pressed. this shouldnt be difficult!

4 Likes

Just got my Ring pro today, wire connected, app installed. Try it out, no full screen alert? Look for solutions on the internet. Found the forum, and found out, this feature is GONE! WTH! This feature is the only reason I am buying this product. Now I am thinking of return it now. Can I?

1 Like

I know how you feel, I was incredibly frustrated for months when they broke this function (it used to work just fine) but refused to admit it. I even ended up returning Ring cameras I’d bought but I’d had the doorbells too long for a refund. They have finally fixed this issue however (at least with the iOS app) but I won’t be buying any more Ring products. Here’s how to activate the feature:

Be sure you update your app, then on the home page of the app, tap the elipsis “…” in the top right corner of the device you want to pop up full screen, tap Settings, Device Settings, Alert Settings, Notification Preferences and turn off (yes, off) In-App Notifications. This will then show alerts full screen, but only when you are in the app.

1 Like

This is not a fix.

1 Like

Hi spiff

Thanks for your reply, Unfortunately this doesn’t work. What it does do is open up live view but not in full screen. You have to press another button to open it in proper full screen (square on the right hand side)

It used to work on older versions before they introduced the live view and history screen.

This really shouldn’t be difficult for Ring to sort out. It’s clearly a customer requirement

1 Like

Oh I see what you mean. You’re right that it used to open full screen and now only half-way. I wonder if they do any user testing before rolling out these changes or they just do it without feedback. They certainly don’t seem at all responsive to these discussions in their own forums so I’d be quite surprised to hear that they ask for feedback from actual users before forcing changes on them.

1 Like

Anyone know what version of the app had the feature? You can’t install an older version on iOS (unless it is jailbreaked), but on android you can find previous version (e.g. apkmirror website).

The in-app notification sort of works (tested on a spare iOS device, I imagine similar on android), but once the phone goes to sleep, it is no longer “in-app” and therefore will no longer launch the video.

Don’t know if it was mentioned already in the thread, but there are ways to get this working with 3rd party apps (again only Android). Search youtube for something along the lines of “ring doorbell automation”.

I was hoping to find an easier ring supported feature before going the complicated automation route (which requires buying an app)

1 Like

Hi, Sorry if this has been covered but i am new to Ring. I want to be able to open my alerts in full screen with one touch on my Android device. I have the Ring 2 Doorbell and thought this was standard.

Thanks in advance

Neil

Hi. Sorry i am new to Ring doorbells. I have the Ring Doorbell 2 doorbell and want it to open full screen with one touch on my Android device. Is this not possible??

Dear Wilo

This is not possible and Ring is doing nothing about it.

You better sent it back and buy another brand that cares more about his custumers.

Ring is too expensive for a bad service…

2 Likes

Still no update here?
Just bought Ring Spotlight wired cam, and wonder already to return it to the shop…

Why is this absolutely essential function still not working?

I have been a RING customer for many, many years, I am even a “deep beta tester”, and the absence of this once very common feature is completely unacceptable. I have pointed this out in many beta tests, and many times I have been assured of a remedy.

Unfortunately, it is still not functional to this day!

And of course, in the RING app, I have turned off notifications on all home wall-mounted tablets to show instant live video in full screen, not a banner to run it manually !!

Re: Alerts Open Fullscreen video

In my Ring App I cannot find the In-App Notification.

The feature In- in App Notification has disappeared which means whilst in app the notification is no longer giving full-screen notification. This is the main reason I purchased ring cameras. Can this be put right again please it’s really frustrating

1 Like

On Android 10 (Xiaomi MIUI 12) to open notification in full screen automatically.
Variant 1
Use Tasker(need to Buy)+AutoNotification(Free) tools.
I made Task(Tasker App) rules:

1. Where is delay 5sec. was used while Sound of Notification playing.
  2. And AutoNotification was used as plugin for Tasker in menu and selected Actions option.
    Configuration you can see on screenshot.
    Where is Title of notification (Ring App) used as notification to click(it searches/monitoring/ waiting notification from Ring App with specific Title, for example).

In Profiles (Tasker App):
Event->UI->Notification->Owner Application-> chose Ring.
Then as Task chose previous rules(on screenshot) named “Notification Click”

Variant 2:
Use Tasker(need to Buy)+Notification Listener(Free) App for Android.
Use this guide(link):

Make Task (Tasker App) as in the guide link.

Make Profiles (Tasker App) a difference only in the App and Text message, instead Skybell chose Ring App and Text message in my case was “Someone is at your Front Door”

It automatically opens notification as full screen session when someone call.
In the same way you can do for motion detection notification, if you want…

Version of Ring 3.59.0