Alerts Open Fullscreen video

I have this same issue on my iPad with my doorbell Pro. It started with the option to open full screen continually turning itself off and after corresponding (read that “arguing”) with technical support it was finally and silently fixed in an update. Then more recently it stopped working altogether, which is when I noticed the option was completely gone.

After poking around for awhile, I eventually found the Alert Preferences In-App Notifications option but was confused as to whether it should be on or off. Whereas the previous option was clear - toggle Open Full Screen option on or off - the new implementation is confusing and the instructions are unclear. I tried both options but the fullscreen ability has simply disapeared.

I agree with the sentiment around breaking something that was working and not having good support. I recently purchased 2 cameras to add to my ring network and was contemplating the addition of a hub but based on my experience over the last several months, I’m strongly contemplating returning the cameras for a refund and stop recommending your products.

As to the issue in this thread, how do I reset the option to have the popup (that never appeared) ask me if I want alerts full screen? I’ve toggled the option on and off at various times but nothing ever happens in the app while it’s open anymore.

2 Likes