Adjust the Video Recording Length on Wired Ring Doorbell 2

When I go to Video Settings the only three options are HDR, Live View and Tap Camera Preview for Live View. Nothing to adjust the length of the video which is default to 20 seconds. I have the Ring Protect Plus plan if that matters. I would like to change the recording length to at least 60 seconds if possible.

Thanks

Hey @mileeke. The options for the Adjustable Video Recording Length is a feature we have not completely rolled out to all neighbors at this time, and if your device was set up after February 2020, the default will be 20 seconds. Please note that since the Doorbell 2 is a battery operated device, even if you have it hardwired for a trickle charge, the maximum recording length for battery operated device is 30 seconds. Your device should have this feature rolled out to you in the near future and once it is available under your Video Settings, you will be able to adjust it to a maximum of 30 seconds.

@mileeke wrote:

When I go to Video Settings the only three options are HDR, Live View and Tap Camera Preview for Live View. Nothing to adjust the length of the video which is default to 20 seconds. I have the Ring Protect Plus plan if that matters. I would like to change the recording length to at least 60 seconds if possible.

Thanks

Hi @mileeke ,

Although it is a “slow-roll-out”, the newest feature now allows you to select/adjust your length of video between 15-seconds to 120-seconds! Some of us already have this in our App, and some do not. But, the good news is that it is coming to you (if it hasn’t already).

Here is more detailed information about this new feature:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Choosing-Your-Video-Record-Length/ba-p/52620

1 Like