Adjust brightness for video doorbell

Is it possible to adjust the settings for brightness/exposure?

My camera is fine for the first 1-2 seconds however afterwards the background is so bright nothing can be seen 2-3 metres from the doorbell.

Hey @risq. Could you show us a video example of this? While you cannot change the brightness/contrast, I would love to see what this looks like to see if maybe a corner or wedge kit would help. Also, let me know what kind of Doorbell you have.

I have exactly the same problem. My doorbell is inside a porch area and exposure adjust for optimum for the porch making anything beyond washed out. I’d love to be able to adjust to just slightly brighter than the first frames shown here:

https://ring.com/share/6832280725755555869

Mine is doing the same. It is terrible. Has anyone gotten an answer on this?

My Ring doorbell 1st gen. brightness has been excellent quality for over 12 months, very clear.

I rang Ring yesterday regarding video recording length issue with my doorbell (only ever records for 10 seconds) which could not be resolved after an hour on phone with various tests their end and mine.

Anyway put my doorbell back on door after finishing the efforts Ring had me do and now the brightness/contrast has been awful since, nowhere near what it has been, really low brightness despite perfect conditions outside.

This makes me feel there must be some settings at Ring that can adjust the brightness as it was fine until yesterdays contact with Ring…

Please can Ring get a software update to allow adjustment of brightness/contrast surely cannot be too difficult?

Also re my above post, the first 1 to 2 seconds of footage are normal brightness quality, then it drops to dark/poor brightness which is opposite to the first post at top of page by risq whose camera is fine for first 1 to 2 seconds but then goes extremely bright??

Obviously something wrong here with these doorbell settings…

Hi @Barrybados, I’m happy to chime in here. Are you able to share a screenshot or even a video example to show us what the brightness looks like on your Doorbell’s recordings or Live Views? When attaching this video, you will need first gather the share link of the video. You can do this by going into the Event History in your Ring App and choosing to share it via email. From there, copy the link that is generated and paste the link in the body of your post. In addition, you can take a screen recording and upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. :slight_smile:

+1

My 1st gen ring doorbell is installed under my covered porch and the auto brightness is aweful. Can we please get the ability to manually adjust the brightness or are you going to force us to buy upgraded hardware?

Hi @Kquainta. I can certainly see how the contrast here is difficult to deal with. I suggest adding this to our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.