cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A second push on the Ring Pro does not make the chime ring a second time.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

When a postman comes with a package and pushes the button on the Ring Pro, the chime makes it's sound.
Sometimes we are busy and don't hear it.
When he pushes the doorbell a second time, let's say 10-15 seconds after the first time, the chime doesn't ring again, you have to wait at least 30 seconds, but by then the postman has left.

I can't be the only one with this issue.
Or am I?

I had a chatsession with support, but the person I had a chat with didn't even know what the options in their own app are.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: A second push on the Ring Pro does not make the chime ring a second time.

Hi @Ringer, is your Video Doorbell Pro connected to an existing doorbell chime or a Ring Chime?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi,

I have disconnected the old doorbell, the Ring power supply is directly connected to the Ring Pro and I use the Ring Chime.

Regards,

Ringer.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Ringer, while the Video Doorbell Pro is streaming video, it will not activate another ding or send a motion notifications. This is likely why you are not hearing a a second ding notification through your Chime when the mail person presses the button within 10 seconds, as your device is streaming video of the first event. However, once it stops streaming it should activate another alert when pressed. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you.

Well, that makes it a pretty useless doorbell, doesn't it?

Nobody waits a whole minute before pressing the doorbell again, after the door isn't opened.

Now I am sure I will return it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Agreed. The ability to re-ring the doorbell within a shorter timeframe needs to be addressed and QUICKLY!!
New Neighbor

Ah well, I sent mine back and I have my old doorbell connected again.

I thought if they can't get the normal doorbell function to work, what about the advanced stuff then?

/* */