7 second delay in getting motion alarm

I am getting a delay of about 7 tom8 seconds in the ring alarm after a motion by the front door.

@Claude Can you let us know where exactly you’re experiencing the delay, as well as which model of Doorbell you have? For example, are you experiencing a delay when you attempt to access the Live View after receiving a motion alert? Or are you experiencing a delay in receiving notifications when someone is at the door? I’d be happy to offer some suggestions once I have a bit more information on what you’re experiencing! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. I have a Ring Video Doorbell Pro and I experience a delay in receiving notification when someone is at the door.

@Claude Thanks for letting us know. There could be a few different causes for this type of delay. I’d first recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App. Once that’s done, sign back in and test an event by ringing the Doorbell and seeing if there’s a large delay in receiving the notification.

If there is, it could be signal related. What is the RSSI for the Doorbell? You can check this by looking at the Device Health page. You can learn more about RSSI and how the signal affects your Ring in our Community post here.