2 way audio issue with doorbell 3 pro

Whenever I answer a ring, the person outside can hear me but I can’t hear anything

After the event get recorded, I am able two hear both ways

How to solve that?

Hey @Mo2. When you are connecting to the Live View, you may have your phone’s output volume going somewhere other than your speaker. If you have a bluetooth device such as wireless headphones or a smart watch connected to your phone’s bluetooth, ensure you disable the bluetooth on your phone to see if that bluetooth device is taking over your phone’s audio output. In addition, you can try holding the phone up to your ear like you were on a phone call to see if you can heard the audio this way. Let me know how this works out!

I’m having the same problem.no sound from the door bell. Bluetooth is off, and nothing from the speakers. Brand new. The audio toggle under privacy is on.

I actually returned it and bought another one of the same model and it is working, I think it might be a faulty batch who knows

The new one I bought directly from ring.com and is working just fine

I’m having same issue. Should I return or is it a setting that I need to know about?

Hi @Ckwiana! Have you tried disabling bluetooth, and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device? Audio connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best next thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing audio on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

This solution still did not work. I have noticed when looking back at videos, I can hear sound for a quick second and then nothing. The two way talk does not work at all, however.

@Ckwiana Chiming in for Marley here! Since you have tried some of the troubleshooting steps recommended and it was to no avail, I recommend following up with our support team on this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I ended up exchanging the device and the new one works just fine! Must have been a faulty batch.

1 Like