cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Doorbells and 2 chimes same sounds

Highlighted
New Neighbor

2 Doorbells and 2 chimes same sounds

I purchased 2 ring2 doorbells and I put one on the front door with the other on the back door.  I placed the chimes in two different locations. 

I'm trying to get the backdoor sounds the same on both chimes.  And the front door sounds the same on both chimes.  I'm not having any luck so far.

I would like the chimes to let me know what door is ringing.  Is this possible?

Thank you

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 2 Doorbells and 2 chimes same sounds

Great question @MarkB ! This would be best accomplished by simply dedicated one chime to one of the Doorbells, if you are wanting different sounds for each. Two devices connected to one Chime will have several options of alert tones for both motions and rings, however, this tone applies to both Doorbells.

For example, a Front Doorbell cannot have wind chimes for motion alerts while the Back Doorbell has harp for motion alerts on the same chime.

Of course, ring alert tones can be different from motion alert tones, but devices on a single Chime will share the chosen alert tone. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

That's sad that such an expensive devise is not able to have different sounds for different doors.  Most of the old school doorbells had different sounds for the front and back.  I fell like this is a step backward.

Thank for the reply

Mark

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have same issue, so if I bought 2 chimes, and set front door on one and back door on the other ,that would solve the problem?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Yes @Pearlmae . 

We will certainly pass your feedback along @MarkB  and update you if anything changes in the future Smiley Happy

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Wow, I’m trying to get a different sound onto each door and can’t believe this is not possible. Seriously Ring, I hope you add a setting where a different chime tone can be set for each door. I have two doorbells and 3 chimes throughout the house. Surely at this cost you can do this. Thanks
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is so frustrating. It is hard to believe with today's technology I cannot get a different bell sound to differentiate my front door from my back door .

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Let me add my disappointment that Ring didn't build in the ability to have different doorbells chime differently. Serious design flaw.

Really????