share floodlight wired

I have a floodlight wired that activates 2 cameras. The cameras are shared but I can not get the floodlight shared. In other words I get notifications when the floodlight is activated but shared users don’t. I can not find any documentation on how to share the floodlight so other users get the activation notification. The app tells me it can’t share grouped devices but there is no choice except to create a group when setting up the floodlight. Any help is appreciated. TIA

Hey @ajs. For the Smart Lighting system, there is not a way to add shared users to the devices at this time, so this would be the reason why. I will make sure to pass on your feedback and desire to have shared users on this system to the appropriate teams for you though! In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying. I will make a feature request post. I really think this should have been implimented from the get go considering camera alerts are able to be shared. I’m considering purchasing a few motion detectors. Would the lack of sharing also apply to the motion detectors? I may end up changing systems as the Ring software is falling short in area’s.

Hey @ajs, happy to step in for Chelsea here. If you’re referring to the Motion Sensor that connects to the Ring Bridge like the other Smart Lighting devices, as shown here, then that is correct. Thank you so much for your feedback, as we’re always looking for ways to improve the neighbor experience. I’ll make sure to share your thoughts with the appropriate team. :slight_smile:

Thanks Caitlyn for the reply. Yes, that is exactly the motion sensor I am talking about possibly adding to my system. I hope my suggestion gets some attention. I just don’t see the reasoning behind not allowing all users to receive all notifications if desired.

1 Like