Support other A19 Brand LIght Bulbs

There are other manufacturers of the A19 type light bulb. For example, OSRAM Lightify use A19 type light bulbs. OSRAM has notified their current customers that there product is going obsoleted. Can I re-use those light bulbs with RIng?

1 Like

Hey @shuttlest. The only light bulbs supported with the Ring Smart Lighting system at this time are the ones we sell, but integrating with other ones in the future is a great idea! As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

This is a great idea especially since Ring only offers 2 different types of indoor bulbs. I wanted to purchase some color change bulbs, and it took me a LOT of digging just to find out that Ring doesn’t support anything other than Ring bulbs. Had I realized this before buying so many Ring products already, it would’ve impacted my decision to buy it. It’s awfully restrictive and entirely unnecessary.

I also am quite upset with the lack of support for other A19 bulbs. You need to either support other manufacturers or have other bulbs. Our issue is that your only A19 bulb is 3500k and we like the 2700k which is representative of the warm light of the incadescent bulbs.

2 Likes

If you have an echo with hub you can pair other brands of bulbs with it and do automations via the Alexa app. I have Phillips Hue bulbs and the Hue bridge, and it works well. You can also pair Hue bulbs directly with an echo hub but there isn’t as much control of the bulbs. I know that Hue bulbs are kinda pricey, plenty of cheaper options like Sendgled work too.

1 Like

Agreed, would like to see more lightbulb options in LED, multiple light temperatures and variety of bulb sizes. Bring back the outdoor floodlight bulb or have a spotlight led option.