cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

SOLVED
New Neighbor II

Re: So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

Everything happens for a reason ...

I cancelled my Smart Lighting Transformer/Bridge order with Amazon.  For less than I was going to pay for that,  I got a 600W transformer from Amazon Warehouse.  I will install it with a smart outdoor plug.  So, I can control it with Alexa and SmartThings.  I bought 500' of 12/2 wire from Home Depot to run for lights.  

With the Works With Ring program (see link), I may end up with a better (for sure more powerful) solution:

https://www.androidcentral.com/works-ring-program-unites-your-smart-locks-and-home-security-system

I think 200W is plenty for new installs (using LED's [which was my plan]), but seems inadequate for existing system (using incandescent/halogen) and long runs.  

New Neighbor II

"@riley_ring if you need testers to make sure of that let me know"

Good luck with that  Smiley Tongue

I am a member of CenterCode, who is doing beta testing for Ring, and twice they asked if I wanted to be included, and twice I said yes and filled out surveys ... and both times they did not get back to me.  Not sure why I did not qualify?!?!  Especially, since I planned on installing a new landscaping system anyways.  IMHO... I would have been the perfect Beta Tester!

New Neighbor

Not everyone can be picked for the betas meeting critera or not. Most betas have limited spaces and this allows the beta teams to control things better in the beta instead of having a huge amount of testers especially for product testing. Software tests typically will have a larger beta.  I have applied for several myself based on what they wanted and didnt get picked. Just keep trying you will get one. 

Community Moderator

Thanks for the feedback @TheDogsCar. We appreciate your excitement with helping out our Beta team. However, please kindly remember not to post publicly about these opportunities. Keep in mind, our Beta team receives thousands of responses and participation is not guaranteed as there are limited seats available. We appreciate your patience.

New Neighbor II

The tranformer I bought is working great.   Glad I got it.

I decided to pre-ordered the Spotlight 2-Pack + Bridge.  Hope they ship this time!

New Neighbor II

I checked my Order Status this morning with Ring, "Sent for Fulfillment"

Amazon also has them, "In Stock".  The only one delayed is the Floodlight Battery; "In stock on May 16, 2019"

New Neighbor II

I see Ring released a video about grouping smart lighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQdQUA3T84

Community Manager

Let us know what you think once you receive them Smiley Happy 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
New Neighbor II

FedEx sent me shipping notification last night (no word from Ring?).  Should be here on Friday.   FedEx delivers around 11:30AM  (EST) and if I make it to Home Depot to get 8 D batteries .... I will let you know later that day!

Do I need to download a new App?

New Neighbor

I haven't gotten a shipped notification yet. Hoping to see one today.