cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

SOLVED
New Neighbor

So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

Gotta say I am pretty excited to try Ring Outdoor lighting when it hits the market. I think what excites me the most if the ability to make the Ring lighting work with my current Ring ecosystem of products.  Also the ability to trigger the lights based on motion to light up areas for safe entry in and out of the house. These lights combinded with my Ring Doorbells, Cameras and Ring alarm will give me yet another layer of security in my home. Anyone else going to get them when they come out?

47 REPLIES 47
Community Manager

Re: So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

I'm very excited, too! I plan on getting my dad the Pathlight's for the sidewalk leading up to the front door. It's so dark, whenever I visit I can't see anything-- these are going to be perfect! Are you looking at any in particular?

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
New Neighbor

For sure I need about 6-8 pathlights for front and side paths,  maybe 4 step lights, and a couple spotlights as well. That should give me some great lighting coverage around house. 

New Neighbor

Im also really excited, I’m looking into getting a wired floodlight, a couple path lights, step lights and spot lights haha but probably not at first Smiley Sad
New Neighbor II

I just pre-ordered the Transformer and Bridge.   I needed a transformer for a 12V light I had sitting around.  This smart one was not much more than other 200W dumb models I looked at.  Love Ring's Customer Service.  So, happy to invest in more of their ecosystem.

New Neighbor II

I expect they will update the app to allow a lighting schedule.  Currently my solar lights are Dusk to Dawn, my wired lights are Dusk to 11PM and my battery lights are On with motion.  

With the transformer, I want a combo of On from Dusk to 11PM and then On with motion until Dawn (motion tied into my other Ring devices [maybe other Alexa devices and cam's too?]).  

Fingers crossed!

New Neighbor II

I agree. I want to order some now so I can get the first batch but not sure I can swing it. Very excited to see where ring is going!
Converted from Iris. Currently have a ring alarm, doorbell, wired spotlight cam, and waiting on the new ring lighting!
New Neighbor

Im kind of bummed mr. beams old lights don’t work with this system
New Neighbor II

Why is the Wired Floodlight $20 more than the Battery Floodlight?!?!  Ring charges the same for the Wired or Battery Spotlight cams.   Most companies charge more for their battery devices.

New Neighbor II

Amazon is now claiming, 'Arriving Apr 24, 2019'.  Hope there is not another delay.