So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

Thanks … I know it is new

I have tried everything I can think of. I have reset it (blue light turns solid). I have factory reset (red light turns on). I moved it to another outlet. I have removed it and re-added it. I have reset my phone. I have tried adding with my Android and Apple phones. I have powered down my router. I have tried another router. I have removed and shut down everything and waited an hour and tried anew. Nothing seems to work.

It adds, Registers and Serial Number shows up on my phone (but under Device Health does not show Network Name or Firmware Version and Last Health Check is 5/4/19).

Sometimes when I retry it says Offline (in red), or Loading (in gray) or Updating (in blue) … but it never gets past Updating. The bridge just keeps flashing blue. If I try to Add a Device… it tells me I need to Turn On my bridge (but it is On)

The Dashboard on my Apple has a Lights tab, but it is Offline. When I refresh my Android dashboard, it briefly shows Lights tab, but says Loading and then quickly disappears.