So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

They were supposed to ship 4/17. Anyone know the updated ship date??

Everything happens for a reason …

I cancelled my Smart Lighting Transformer/Bridge order with Amazon. For less than I was going to pay for that, I got a 600W transformer from Amazon Warehouse. I will install it with a smart outdoor plug. So, I can control it with Alexa and SmartThings. I bought 500’ of 12/2 wire from Home Depot to run for lights.

With the Works With Ring program (see link), I may end up with a better (for sure more powerful) solution:

https://www.androidcentral.com/works-ring-program-unites-your-smart-locks-and-home-security-system

I think 200W is plenty for new installs (using LED’s [which was my plan]), but seems inadequate for existing system (using incandescent/halogen) and long runs.

@riley_ring if you need testers to make sure of that let me know”

Good luck with that :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a member of CenterCode, who is doing beta testing for Ring, and twice they asked if I wanted to be included, and twice I said yes and filled out surveys … and both times they did not get back to me. Not sure why I did not qualify!!! Especially, since I planned on installing a new landscaping system anyways. IMHO… I would have been the perfect Beta Tester!

Not everyone can be picked for the betas meeting critera or not. Most betas have limited spaces and this allows the beta teams to control things better in the beta instead of having a huge amount of testers especially for product testing. Software tests typically will have a larger beta. I have applied for several myself based on what they wanted and didnt get picked. Just keep trying you will get one.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @TheDogsCar. We appreciate your excitement with helping out our Beta team. However, please kindly remember not to post publicly about these opportunities. Keep in mind, our Beta team receives thousands of responses and participation is not guaranteed as there are limited seats available. We appreciate your patience.

1 Like

The tranformer I bought is working great. Glad I got it.

I decided to pre-ordered the Spotlight 2-Pack + Bridge. Hope they ship this time!

1 Like

I checked my Order Status this morning with Ring, “Sent for Fulfillment”

Amazon also has them, “In Stock”. The only one delayed is the Floodlight Battery; “In stock on May 16, 2019”

2 Likes

I see Ring released a video about grouping smart lighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVQdQUA3T84

2 Likes

Let us know what you think once you receive them :slight_smile:

FedEx sent me shipping notification last night (no word from Ring?). Should be here on Friday. FedEx delivers around 11:30AM (EST) and if I make it to Home Depot to get 8 D batteries … I will let you know later that day!

Do I need to download a new App?

1 Like

I haven’t gotten a shipped notification yet. Hoping to see one today.

No need to download a new app @TheDogsCar. You’ll be able to set up your lights in your Ring app on the Dashboard or by clicking ‘Devices’.

@leehop71 where did you order from? Also, when?

1 Like

I got my shipping confirmation. Can’t wait to get my stuff in!

1 Like

Oh Well!!!

I have spent 2 hours trying to get the Bridge to work. One hour on phone with Ring Customer Service. The device adds, but the firmware will not update … just a blue circle saying it is updating.

Told me 4 others were on the phone right now having the same problem. Told me they are working on it and if it has not updated by tomorrow to call back.

I have the team investigating this as well. I will let you know of any updates, @TheDogsCar

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks … I know it is new

I have tried everything I can think of. I have reset it (blue light turns solid). I have factory reset (red light turns on). I moved it to another outlet. I have removed it and re-added it. I have reset my phone. I have tried adding with my Android and Apple phones. I have powered down my router. I have tried another router. I have removed and shut down everything and waited an hour and tried anew. Nothing seems to work.

It adds, Registers and Serial Number shows up on my phone (but under Device Health does not show Network Name or Firmware Version and Last Health Check is 5/4/19).

Sometimes when I retry it says Offline (in red), or Loading (in gray) or Updating (in blue) … but it never gets past Updating. The bridge just keeps flashing blue. If I try to Add a Device… it tells me I need to Turn On my bridge (but it is On)

The Dashboard on my Apple has a Lights tab, but it is Offline. When I refresh my Android dashboard, it briefly shows Lights tab, but says Loading and then quickly disappears.

I see the new thread. I will move over there. I have only read one review on them, and theirs added fine. So, hopefully everyone else’s works fine.

Thanks,

Re-Orderd the Transformer from Ring. They were having a 36% Off Sale (20% + another 20%) … I already have set up my 600W transformer (it has 2 300W outputs), but 12V does not travel well. Better to have numerous short runs than one long run, and I want more low watt on the other side of my house, and likely out to my barn and stable.

That’s awesome @TheDogsCar ! Sounds like quite the setup, we are excited to hear how it goes. Once you get it, start a new post in the Smart Lighting Board with any feedback and recommendations for the community to read.

Send me live video