So excited to try Ring Lighting when it hits the market!!

These are excellent questions to ask when considering the purchase of smart lighting. Here is a link to our FAQ which we will update with more information as it comes.

In regards to battery life cycle, all battery-powered Ring Smart Lighting products are designed to last around a year on one set of batteries under normal use. Battery life is dependent on device settings, usage, and other factors. Brightness may decrease as battery life is depleted.

Check out these batteries for an example of a what is standard and popular to use with Smart lighting.

1 Like

I see they released the manuals on Wednesday. I downloaded the manual for the Transformer. I want to install the landscape wire before it gets here. 16 gauge is cheap, but looks like I will need 12 gauge for longer runs. To get cost per foot down, Home Depot sells 500’ spools. I figure I will get one of those in 12/2, and then I will be able to add lights of extend runs, if needed.

Tried to order some spot lights today. They took the ability to order down. Now just gives you the option to put your e-mail in. Hopefully the pre orders ship tomorrow!

1 Like

That is odd?!?! I see you can still Pre-Order them on Amazon (Amazon owns Ring).

Hope they do not pull an Ultra 4K on us … but I would rather have an order cancelled, then have to send back a product that was under baked.

Ring asked if I wanted to beta test these, and I said, “Yes” … but I never heard back from them :frowning:

Just got the email. Delayed by 30 days. Hopefully it’s so they can get it right if there are issues.

1 Like

Amazon has not got the email. My Order still claims, “Release date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019”.

I google searched … and no news about the delay!!! I did see Ring’s product page updated to, "Ships May 15th, 2019 to the continental US ", but it is still not allowing Pre-Orders.

Oh … and Amazon just updated their website to May 15th … but they have not notified me yet!!! Pretty poor Customer Service :frowning:

There is obviously a reason for the delay. I would rather they send a finished fine tuned product then something early with a bunch of problems that makes zero sense .

My iPhone was delayed too as well as handfuls of other products. Doesn’t bug me one bit. The email clearly said if you can’t wait they will gladly refund you .

I’m patient I’ll wait for something that works good.

1 Like

This morning, on the day of release (LOL), I finally got an email from Amazon saying they will be delayed. This is Ring’s second delay. I am sure they have a good reason, but I can not find it anywhere. Besides here, I see no mention of this delay on the Internet?!?!

I never pre-order. I am not someone who needs to have the first one. I prefer to read user reviews. I pre-ordered this, because Home Depot sends me free things to review, and they had sent me a 12V landscape light. I do not have a landscape transformer. So, I had to buy one … and why not get a smart one?

I can not wait any longer. I am going to cancel my Amazon order.

Love Ring’s Customer Service, and the direction they seem headed … wish it would have worked out.

I can wait. I want them to get it right too… I have some projects going on at home that are just wrapping up so was hoping to get it this week so I could get the projects done, but I’m happy to wait for it to be right

Hi neighbors,

I wanted to make note here that we are opting to delay the 4/17 launch of Ring Smart Lighting so we can perfect our product and assure you, our neighbors, have the best experience possible as soon as you set them up. This time will help us ensure we bring new Ring devices to market when we are confident they will best empower Neighbors with an affordable, effective way to monitor and secure their homes.

Thank you for you patience and for sharing your thoughts here. We appreciate them all!

3 Likes

I appreciate that … Some people want a brand new product to be perfect from day one. I, on the other hand, expect brand new products to have teething pains. I would not want to receive a device that had hardware problems, or safety problems, that I would need to send back, but if it was a software/firmware/app problem, I would have preferred to receive it on promised delivery date and patiently waited for updates as I used my transformer.

Thank you Riley for the updates!

1 Like

@riley_ring if you need testers to make sure of that let me know :slight_smile:
I’m glad Ring decided that to make sure their customers get the best experience possible. I’ll rather wait than to get a rushed product that doesn’t work as expected.

1 Like

They were supposed to ship 4/17. Anyone know the updated ship date??

Everything happens for a reason …

I cancelled my Smart Lighting Transformer/Bridge order with Amazon. For less than I was going to pay for that, I got a 600W transformer from Amazon Warehouse. I will install it with a smart outdoor plug. So, I can control it with Alexa and SmartThings. I bought 500’ of 12/2 wire from Home Depot to run for lights.

With the Works With Ring program (see link), I may end up with a better (for sure more powerful) solution:

https://www.androidcentral.com/works-ring-program-unites-your-smart-locks-and-home-security-system

I think 200W is plenty for new installs (using LED’s [which was my plan]), but seems inadequate for existing system (using incandescent/halogen) and long runs.

@riley_ring if you need testers to make sure of that let me know”

Good luck with that :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a member of CenterCode, who is doing beta testing for Ring, and twice they asked if I wanted to be included, and twice I said yes and filled out surveys … and both times they did not get back to me. Not sure why I did not qualify!!! Especially, since I planned on installing a new landscaping system anyways. IMHO… I would have been the perfect Beta Tester!

Not everyone can be picked for the betas meeting critera or not. Most betas have limited spaces and this allows the beta teams to control things better in the beta instead of having a huge amount of testers especially for product testing. Software tests typically will have a larger beta. I have applied for several myself based on what they wanted and didnt get picked. Just keep trying you will get one.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @TheDogsCar. We appreciate your excitement with helping out our Beta team. However, please kindly remember not to post publicly about these opportunities. Keep in mind, our Beta team receives thousands of responses and participation is not guaranteed as there are limited seats available. We appreciate your patience.

1 Like

The tranformer I bought is working great. Glad I got it.

I decided to pre-ordered the Spotlight 2-Pack + Bridge. Hope they ship this time!

1 Like