Smart lighting Floodlight wire will not connect to bridge

My wired floodlight is not connecting to the bridge.

My bridge has a good WiFi connection.

I was able to connect my cell phone Bluetooth to the floodlight and did the upgrade.

But will not successfully connect to the bridge, in turn, setting up is not successful.

I have been doing this at least half-hour for 3 days now and the result is a failure.

The bridge, floodlight and my phone are all inches away from each other, with good WiFi reception.

Thanks for help

Zaldy

Hi @Zaldy ! I saw your comment on the other post. Let us know if you were able to get your Floodlight Wired connected :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Jennifer_Ring

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I was able to connect my wired floodlight to my bridge.

I have to reset my bridge and started from the beginning.

Thank you

Zaldy

1 Like

I cannot connect my wired smart floodlight to bridge. Support could not help. Any help? The floodlight functions as a floodlight with motion detector. The app keeps telling me it cannot see the floodlight.

Heg45

You may have to do a hard reset to your bridge. I forgot how to reset but you could check the ring site how to do it. If you are using android, there is another step you have to do. I forgot how to do that too but it is somewhere in this trend. I was able to pair my first wire floodlight with android, but the second wired floodlight I was not able to pair with android. Fortunately, my son has an apple that I’ve used to pair the second one. It is better to use an apple.

Zaldy

I do have an android. I had reset the bridge and the floodlight by turning the floodlight off and then on via the circuit breaker. I can’t find anything about the android issue. Can you help with that? Where I can find it.

I have several lights connected to my bridge but one will not connect. I thought maybe I needed a second bridge due to distance but it looks like only one is allowed. I see you reset your bridge to fix the problem but I don’t want to start over on the other lights that are already connected. If I reset, do I have to re-register them all?

Hi @jandrews. Yes, resetting your Ring Bridge will cause it to lose connection with all of your Smart Lights. A new connection will have to be established will all of them to resume normal operation. What you can try is to reset the Smart Light that you are trying to connect. Once it is reset, bring it close to your Ring Bridge and try to pair again.

If that doesn’t work and you need assistance getting your Smart Light connected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.