Smart light switch with Bridge and Stick-up Cam?

We have a 1st Gen stick Stick Up Cam with motion sensor. If we install the Bridge, can we then purchase one of the Smart Light Switches (hard wire in to replace a regular light switch) to trigger the switch to turn on the lights when motion is detected by the Stick Up Cam?

What rules can we apply to the motion detection? For instance, only have the motion-detection turn on the lights if we are away or better if we can set a daily/hourly schedule as to when this feature is enabled?

For instance your competitor WeMo describes the rules they offer here but we’d prefer to have 1 app to run everything if possible: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=164487

Finally, can we connect WeMo switch to Ring camera?

Hi @MrSteve. Happy to help clear this up! The Works With Ring smart switches that are compatible with our system are compatible with the Ring Alarm, and not the Ring Bridge. We do not have any switches that can connect to the Bridge at this time to be controlled. In addition, since this integration is through the Ring Alarm, it is limited in what it can do, as you can only manage the light turning on/off through the Ring app, but you’re unable to create schedules or when motion is detected, turn on the light, in the Ring app. Hope this helps clear this up for you!

I too would like to see light switches compatible with the Bridge. I do not need the alarm system. I want to be able to set a schedule for my outside lights. Seems like the same hardware that is in a light bulb could be used in a switch and be used with the bridge.

Hi @ayockey, thanks for sharing that feedback! We’ve actually created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: