Smart Lights with Contact Sensor

Hi,

Is there any way to link a contact sensor to trigger a smart light? As an example, I would like my floodlight to turn on when I open my back door so I don’t need to walk 10 or 15 feet before it kicks on or the floodlight over my garage to turn on when the garage door opens.

Hi @TomRFS. At this time, there is not a way to link your Smart Lighting groups with an individual Contact Sensor or Motion Detector. The Linked Devices feature allows you to link the Ring Alarm system with a Smart Lighting group, but only for when the Ring Alarm itself is triggered. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

WHEN WILL THIS BE DONE!!! Planning on returning everything because of this

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.