cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lighting Feature Request

Highlighted
Community Manager

Smart Lighting Feature Request

Update March 16, 2020: Attention neighbors! You may have noticed this thread no longer accepts new comments. No worries- as an exciting new part of the Community, we've created a Feature Request board. Feel free to share any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our team, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Thank you!

Hi neighbors! At Ring, we take feedback and feature request very seriously. That's why we're creating this special post, where you can share any wish list items you'd like to go with your current Smart Lighting features and devices. We'll keep this post pinned to the top of the Smart Lighting board so you can easily access it.  Be sure to do a quick search and see if your item is already on the list to avoid duplicates. If it is, go ahead and give it a 'kudo' so we know that is what you want too! 

Please note, that anything you disclose to us by commenting on this post will be the property of Ring. Please see our Terms of Service for more information. We look forward to hearing your feature requests! 

Update February 12, 2020: Hi neighbors! We are working on updating this thread to be a bit more organized. Therefore, we have turned off the ability to comment for now. Stay tuned for an exciting new part of the Community, coming soon Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Please add Dusk-to-Dawn to floodlight wired

Floodlight wired do not seem to have a Dusk-to-Dawn feature.  It would be nice to have a way to enable the lights on low brightness during the night so there is some light available outside of the house.

Community Manager

Re: Please add Dusk-to-Dawn to floodlight wired

Definitely and thank you for this suggestion! We will pass it along to the team Smiley Happy 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I completely agree with this suggestion.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Adjust brightness on spotlight wired.

I'm glad that we have a scheduling feature on spotlight wired, but I feel like we're still missing real dusk to dawn feature.  

Ideally, we'd be able to set a schedule for the lights with user-specified brightness which turn on full brightness when motion is detected.

No scheduling = Pitch black

With Scheduling = insanely bright all night (or whenever the schedule is for).

Happy medium = Brightness at 50% (or whatever) with full brightness at motion.

This is basically how the path lights function now.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Yes, this seems like a very useful add.  I have several $15.00 floodlights that have this function.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Adjust brightness on spotlight wired.

This is an excellent feature request @enviouspantheon! In fact, you've inspired us to create a feature request thread for Smart Lighting, and we've made your post the first in the thread. Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Feature Request: Pause / Snooze Floodlights & Video Recording

I have a Floodlight Cam installed in my back yard. When I am in my back yard in the evenings, it is very annoying to have the lights turn on and off while I'm trying to enjoy the patio in my back yard.

I would like to be able to pause or snooze the floodlights so that motion does not turn them on for a period of time, similar to the existing feature that allows me to snooze motion alerts.

I would also like to pause the recording of video for a period of time, as it is not needed or wanted when I'm in my own back yard.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Smart Lighting Feature Request

Hi neighbors! Just wanted to let you know, Dusk to Dawn feature is now available for Floodlight Wired and Transformer. Head to the device and click 'Light Schedules' > Add Light Schedule > add new schedule.  Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Smart Lighting Feature Request

Please add the ability to link devices for only certain time periods of the day.  I would like to link the motion detectors for all of my path lights to all of my video cameras at night time but not link them in the daytime.  In the daytime,  the path lights have too many false motion detection events due to moving shadows, direct sunlight, etc.  And, in the daytime, the wired cameras have really strong motion detection by themselves.  Whereas at night time, the wired cameras seem to have much weaker motion detection and benefit from being linked to motion detectors on nearby path lights.  At night, the path lights seem to have reasonably accurate motion detection and trigger nearby cameras appropriately.

Right now, if I link my path lights to my video doorbell pro, I get 50 false motion detections in the daytime and then 50 random videos cluttering my history log.  I can turn off notifications, but it still clutters the history log and drowns out more significant events in the history log.  If I do not link the pathlights to the video doorbell at all, then the doorbell camera can sense all motion sufficiently in the day and only triggers for meaningful events.  However, at night time, people have to get within a few feet of the doorbell for it to trigger.  Whereas, at night, if I link the path lights to the doorbell, then the camera starts recording when people are still 15 feet away from the front door.