Smart Lighting Connectiviry

I set up two light groups yesterday, connecting them to the app and bridge where I was installing them to make sure they would connect. 15 lights connected without issue, all various distances. 2 hours later, every light shows “offline” on the app. If I turn them on with Alexa, the ring app status changes to “on” then back to offline when they turn off.

Hey @rstclair. Does your Ring Bridge seem to have a poor connection at all? When you first set up the lights to the Bridge, did the connection seem to show as a strong connection? I recommend to remove the lights from the Bridge and try to re-add them to see if when you re-add them this helps re-establish the network and make the connection stronger than it once was.

I originally had 4 lights connected to the bridge and they worked for about 2 months without issue. I purchased 10 more, extending my lights across the front of my yard, the 4 orginial lights never moved. None of them work with the bridge now, including the 4 original. I have not tried to disconnect all of them and reconnect because doing that with 14 lights is time consuming and on the verge of not being worth what I have invested in this system if this is how reliable it is going to be. Frustrating to say the least… over $600 invested for this.

@rstclair I totally understand how a task like that could be time consuming. If you can and have the time, I recommend giving our support team a call first so they can diagnose the concern further and see if they can see anything that may be causing this first, before you do all of that work. Let me know what happens on the call! For calling them, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.