Smart Floodlight Brightness when Scheduled

I recently bought 3 solar step lights to illuminate some of the areas in my backyard, mounted on my fences. I was thrilled initially at how beautiful they are and at full brightness they did the job perfectly for what i was looking for.

However, I’ve now discovered that when these are set on a schedule they don’t operate at the brightness level that I control and get overridden by some factory controlled lower brightness level. This was a huge let down as this is not called out in the product specification but i found this after the fact in some FAQ’s.

I understand that this may be to control the life of the battery, but given that these are solar lights I would have presumed I can schedule these to turn on at night time lets say between 9pm to 12am and get recharged during the day.

I’m hoping that you’ll can request your product team to consider this use case and allow more control on the brightness level of the steplight when under a schedule.

I’d be happy to provide more information upon request. I’ve been a very happy Ring customer so far, but this has honestly been a bit of a let down. I eagerly look forward to hearing back from you’ll around a possible solution for this problem.

Thanks!

1 Like