Sharing solar floodlight

Hello,
I just installed a solar floodlight and trying to figure out how to share it with shared users on my account. Its part of a group which can’t be shared. I can’t figure out how to not make it part of a group.

Hey @Arius1. You will be unable to add a shared user to the Smart Lighting system at this time, as the system and devices do not allowed for shared users. I will make sure to pass on your feedback and desire to have this to the appropriate teams for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Chelsea. To me maybe create a family group that has the ability to share more things vs shared users. Easier to implement and quicker to roll out. Family should have access to all things related to house but you still have admin/primary.

1 Like

I am having the same problem, this was brought to your attention by this post back in June. Has anything been updated or changed to allow more then one user in a household to used the grouped flood lights?

No update from Ring on this. Not sure why, seems like a simple ask.

I just installed the Solar Floodlight. Same issue - I want to share but can not. It’s brain-dead. The app tells me I can not share the floodlight because it’s in a group and I must remove it from the group. But when I try to remove it from a group, the app indicates I must first add it to a different group, so it would NOT address the share problem. RING folks - WTF are you smoking??? Can you please FIX THIS ASAP SO WE CAN SHARE A F_____ SOLAR FLOODLIGHT