Ring transformer timer doesn't turn off

I set my outdoor patio lights (via ring transformer) to turn on at 5pm and off at 10pm, but they stay on all night. Why don’t they turn off at 10pm?

1 Like

Hey @rickyfriedell! Have you attempted deleting your app, redownloading it, and try to set that timer again for the transformer? If this still doesnt save the change, I recommend to reach out to support at 1-800-656-1918!

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with my landscaping lights. Were you able to resolve this?

thanks!

Yes, worked once, but now having same issue and reinstall not working.

@rickyfriedell Please reach out to our support team for further assistance, and then let us know how they were able to resolve this concern. You can reach them here at anytime.

I echo the same problem. It seems like there may be a bigger problem here with the Ring service considering that it was working for several of us and just suddenly stopped working. Maybe instead of telling people to delete an app and reinstall it, someone should actually look at the logs and see if the system is even trying to turn things off?

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

@rickyfriedell Please reach out to our support team for further assistance, and then let us know how they were able to resolve this concern. You can reach them here at anytime.

@Chelsea_Ring - I reached out to your support team and they were useless. They wasted about an hour of my time and said they couldn’t figure it out and gave up. It’s clearly a bug in the software somewhere and yet nobody seems to know how to escalate it to product engineering to fix. Can you please help escalate this?

Thanks!

Andrew

Hi @adorsett. Thank you for getting back to me and making me aware of this situation. In order for me to escalate up this information, could you please tell me how your configuration is for your smart lighting system? For example, which devices are wired or battery operated, if the smart lighting you are using is Ring branded or just the Transformer is. Additionally, a screenshot of how you have your schedule set up right now, and a detailed encounter of how it normally goes for you, ie., :light come on at X time, and lights go off at X time or until I did X." Hope to hear back from you soon!