Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring bridge range

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring bridge range

I have smart lighting in the front and backyard but have trouble ensuring the bridge can properly operate all devices. I just installed some solar lights on west side of house and they failed to connect. If I move the bridge closer to front windows the back lights will fail to connect. Is this to be expected?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Re: Ring bridge range

Glad you asked @BrianHartleyThe useful range between your Bridge and other Ring Smart Lighting products depends on the number of obstructions between them, and the materials they're made of. The RF signal has a greater range than wifi, but you may have to experiment with your devices to find an optimal position.

Some common signal interferences are tough exterior walls, multiple walls or floors, and large appliances. As the Bridge communicates with your wifi, and the rest of your Smart Lighting devices communicate to the Bridge, please also ensure the signal is optimal between the router and Bridge. Feel free to let us know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Moderator

Glad you asked @BrianHartleyThe useful range between your Bridge and other Ring Smart Lighting products depends on the number of obstructions between them, and the materials they're made of. The RF signal has a greater range than wifi, but you may have to experiment with your devices to find an optimal position.

Some common signal interferences are tough exterior walls, multiple walls or floors, and large appliances. As the Bridge communicates with your wifi, and the rest of your Smart Lighting devices communicate to the Bridge, please also ensure the signal is optimal between the router and Bridge. Feel free to let us know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can somebody throw us a bone here?  Looking for something more like, 90% sure it will connect out to xx feet from a window, sometimes out to xxx feed from a window.  And then the disclaimer can be put on about thick walls...   

Highlighted
New Neighbor

We keep hearing the textbook reason why a large foot print house has poor light to bridge signal. My bridge is in the center of my home, front lights "fair", rear lights "fair". All devices within 40 feet of bridge. Proprietary communication better than WIFI. My WIFI works twice the distance. Please fix or allow multiple bridges.